Writing Romance is Not About Sex… or is it?: How Far is too Far in Clean Romance?
Do you struggle to keep your clean romance clean?
- Do you worry about offending your readers? Or disappointing them?
- What is clean romance?
- Where do you cross the line between sweet and steamy romance?
- How much heat can you include in your romance?
- How many kissing scenes should you have in clean romance?
- How much sex can be in a clean romance?
- What is the difference between sweet romance, clean romance, clean and wholesome romance, and spicy romance?
- How can you position your book according to market trends and expectations?
- How can you make it clear to your reader what the heat level is before they even open the book?
- How can sex be used (or strategically not used) to add depth to your story?
- How can you influence society using romance stories?
- What are the genre expectations of clean romance?
- What is the difference between a romance novel, a love story, women’s fiction, multi-genre romance, and romantic subplots?
Writing Romance Is Not About Sex… or is it? will answer these questions and so much more!
- In this book, you’ll read real-world examples of how authors are doing this well, and some that are not.
- You’ll learn marketing techniques to ensure your readers know what to expect in your story.
- You’ll explore literary techniques for including sex in young adult novels, mainstream romance, religious stories, cross-genre romance books, etc.
- Topics of discussion include writing about teen pregnancy and safety, marriage and kids, sex before marriage, how to handle rape and abuse, how to include alternative lifestyles in clean romance, bullying and peer pressure, how illness and death affect a love story, the sanctity of marriage and how to handle the wedding night, how to use sex by strategically avoiding sex.
Writing Romance Is Not About Sex… or is it? will help you understand and write better clean romance, keep your readers happy, and sell more books to the correct readers!