- Books by Julie L. Spencer
- How to Outline a Romance Novel: Fiction Writing Skills for Romance Authors (How to Write Romance) - Paperback
How to Outline a Romance Novel: Fiction Writing Skills for Romance Authors (How to Write Romance) - Paperback
Click here to purchase a Kindle copy on Amazon!
Strong outlines create strong stories.
How to Outline a Romance Novel takes a complex topic and breaks it down into an easy-to-use outline framework. This simple-to-follow book introduces concepts in a straightforward manner so you spend less time being overwhelmed.
In How to Outline a Romance Novel, you will learn:
- What makes a romance novel different from other fiction.
- Why we get overwhelmed trying to learn story structure and outlining.
- What is the difference between outlining and plotting, and why do we often use them interchangeably.
- Why most story-structure frameworks don’t work for a romance novel.
- How to frame your story without beating your head against a brick wall.
- The basics of the romance outline broken down into a framework upon which to build a romance novel.
Are you bogged down while trying to outline your romance novel? Has learning story structure for romance novels left your head spinning? How can you know romance readers’ expectations, and how best to incorporate them so readers want to devour every word you write? A multitude of resources teach how to structure romance novels, but most of the resources are complex and confusing.
Bestselling, multi-genre novelist Julie L. Spencer shares her method for building simple, yet solid, outlines as the framework for every romance novel you write.
Build solid outlines—and take your stories to the next level!